February 25th, 2011: is no longer an actively updated source for Clarkson Hockey madness. It was a ton of fun serving the fans of Clarkson Hockey for the 100 or so years that it lasted. will now serve as an archive, forever documenting the rise of the Bonesaw from 2006 - 2009. The Bonesaw is still going strong for Clarkson Hockey, but unfortunately does not have the active staff necessary to keep it updated regularly. If you think that you can get involved somehow feel free to contact us. May the saw be with you.

-Kyle & Tyler

Golden 8 Point Weekend

Jeremy - January 27, 2008 - 2:51 am

Saturday night, the Clarkson Golden Knights took on the Union Dutchmen as the Knights look to extend their unbeaten streak to 5 games and pad their first place ECAC standing with 2 more points. Coming off a 5-2 win over RPI, the Green and Gold looked to put an end to Union's 7 game winning streak that they had put together, most recently trumping SLU(t).

Watch Game Hightlights

The Knights took to the ice with aggressive play around center ice, looking to steal the puck for a quick score and an early lead. But, even with this aggressive style, CU seemed to be struggling to put any solid shots on Union net minder, Mrazek. Then, after clearing the puck to Unions end, David Cayer kicked it into overdrive, beating one of the Dutchmen to the puck, and after a quick pass, Brandon DeFazio scored his second goal of the weekend to put Clarkson ahead, 1-0 and give the Knights the lead going into the intermission.

Clarkson had to come out of the locker room defending a power play due to a penalty on Adam Bellows at the end of the first. After a successful penalty kill, the Dutchmen got two more power play opportunities, cashing in on the second at about 12 minutes in. Unfortunately the Knights were unable to take advantage of their own power play a few minutes later, and the score remained tied as the teams headed to the locker room to plan their third period strategies.

In classic Golden Knights style, the boys skated onto the ice looking to put the lights out on Union, and at 4:01, Steve Zalewski took to the puck in for the score with assistance from Grant Clitsome and the Green and Gold held a 2-1 lead. Union would not go silently, and at around 15 minutes they were able to knot things up. Only 1 and half minutes later, Shea Guthrie slipped the puck by Mrazek, assisted by Chris D'Alvise and Tim Marks. Union pulled Mrazek for one last attempt, and at one points CU got the puck two the point and tried a shot, but missed wide hitting the side of the net. Then, a late CU penalty left the Knights to fend off a 6 on 4 attack for the remaining 35 seconds of the game.

After a very intense 3rd period finale, the Bonesaws were hurled unto thy enemy 3 times, as the Clarkson Golden Knights defeat the Union Dutchmen, 3-2 to cap off a 4 point weekend.


The Lady Knights were away visiting the good ole' Troy-Let today, taking on the RPI Engineers for the second time this season. After an uneventful 1st period, Ashleigh Moorehead broke the game open with an unassisted goal nearly 7 minutes into the second period. Then again only 5 minutes into the 3rd period it was Moorehead unassisted for the second time scoring to put the Green and Gold up 2-0. In their last moment of desperation, RPI pulled their sieve, and Marie-Jo Gaudet took the puck herself and put it in the empty net to seal the deal.

Once again proving that RPI is not really Clarkson's rival, the Bonesaws were unleashed 3 times and there was no answer, as the Clarkson Golden Knights blank RPI, 3-0 giving the Lady Knights 4 more points and moving them into 3rd place in the ECAC.