February 25th, 2011: is no longer an actively updated source for Clarkson Hockey madness. It was a ton of fun serving the fans of Clarkson Hockey for the 100 or so years that it lasted. will now serve as an archive, forever documenting the rise of the Bonesaw from 2006 - 2009. The Bonesaw is still going strong for Clarkson Hockey, but unfortunately does not have the active staff necessary to keep it updated regularly. If you think that you can get involved somehow feel free to contact us. May the saw be with you.

-Kyle & Tyler

Homecoming Success

Adam - October 17, 2009 - 4:04 am

The Clarkson Men’s team opened its season tonight in fashion, downing the Niagara Purple Eagles by a count of 4-3 in overtime. Matt Beca would ultimately put up the final tally of the night, with less than a minute left in the extra session. To get to this point, however, a great game full of action was played by both sides.

Clarkson opened the scoring first on a world-class deflection by Tim Marks. Rufenach let a slap-shot go from the blue-line that was tipped over the glove of Niagara’s netminder, Avramenko. The Knights held this lead going into the locker room. However, Niagara was able to slip a couple well placed shots over the shoulder of Richie Laveau to take the lead early in the 2nd period. Clarkson would not quit, however. Adam Pawlick scored his first collegiate goal with the assists going to Louke Oakley and Scott Freeman. Star defenseman Rufenach would then seconds later put the Knights by a score of 3-2 with a snipe of a shot over the shoulder of back-up goaltender Noonan. Again, the Green and Gold entered the intermission with the advantage.

The third period started and both sides were playing relatively even, with a couple spurts of great shifts by the Knights. Niagara eventually tied up the game with a little more than 5 minutes left on an odd-man rush. Clarkson from here on out decided to press their opponent. With a delayed penalty on the way, the Knights were playing 6 on 5 for a good amount of time when Matt Beca was able to slip a rebound into the net with only 30 something seconds remaining. The referees emphatically waved off the goal, and confirmed a kicking action with video replay. Because of this, the game entered into the overtime session.

After a lengthy delay due to an apparent pulled fire alarm, the Knights and Purple Eagles continued action amidst the noise and chaos. Seconds after the alarm was stopped, and a sarcastic response from the crowd, Matt Beca again sent the Arena to their feet (this time for good) by slamming home a rebound with 44 seconds left in the session. The win moves the Knights to 1-2 on the year, with hopes of improving their record Saturday night against RIT. Puck drop, 7:30 PM.

On a side note, the Brigade sold over 100 shirts outside the Arena this afternoon. If you did not get a chance to own the 5 year anniversary shirt, catch us Saturday night in Cheel Arena starting around 5:00. Also, you can order the shirts online by using the shirts tab above. Hope to see everyone at the game Saturday night!